Playtime is special. Not only is it fun, but it is critical to children’s development. Play is their “work” and their way of learning about the world around them. Through play, babies and toddlers try out new skills, explore their imagination and creativity, and learn about relationships with other people.
As parents we should choose toys and play articles that encourages independence and stimulates learning at each child’s individual level. Our choices should help children to model consistency, positive encouragement, promote trust and security, and value a positive interaction in familiar surroundings. It makes Parents’ lives easier and simpler and assists them to ensure the toddler schedule is structured, academically focused, and fun and meets the individual needs of your child.
Children thrive in an environment where they can learn through the consistency and routine of everyday activities and structure, and through play! Throughout our day, your child can learn through all developmental areas including language development, reading, maths and science, social and emotional development, and small or large development. Parents can plan to enforce these areas each day by keeping them occupied. Books, puzzles, matching, and counting from 1-10 becomes easier through practicing every day while helping them develop their independence.
Each day comes in ready to explore and learn something new in many different ways!
Your child’s first years of life are a critical time that can determine success in school, relationships, and life. The environment you provide makes it easier for Parents and teachers to introduce routines and offer positive guidance to help give our toddlers the confidence to practice new skills and embrace new experiences. Weekly, theme-based learning plans meet the diverse needs of every child through a variety of activities. This consistent-yet-changing atmosphere matches your child’s rapidly emerging interests and abilities and offers many opportunities for early reading, math, science, construction and imaginative play learning experiences.
How you will Benefit with the right toys and environment.
- Provides a platform for Social and Emotional Development
- Helps to Guide and model positive interactions for our children;
- Cultivate a culture of respect for children’s needs and feelings and belongings;
- Helps children to acknowledge and encourage empathy whilst in company of other children;
- Helps to nurture independent activity and foster peer relationships and supports self-help skills.
- Clearly assists in Cognitive Development
- Provides an area for sensory experiences, artistic expression, and pre-writing opportunities.
- Allows Parents to offer Guidance and encouragement of problem-solving skills.
- Easy to implement Cause-and-effect activities;
- A perfect environment where your child can stack, sort, match or count a variety of toys.
Babies and Toddlers grow and change quickly, so consistent and frequent communication with parents is key to creating a positive experience for your child each and every day.